onsdag 21 februari 2018

Bohusleden Walk #10: Glimmingen-Bovik (Monday 25/09-17)

On Monday I returned to the Bohusleden walks. This time I went to Glimmingen (where I had ended Bohusleden Walk #8 between Backamo and Glimmingen) and walked to Bovik. It was thus a walk between two different parts of Uddevalla. Despite its' proximity to Uddevalla the walk is barely urban at all. Instead, the walk goes mostly through (mostly mixed) forests. There are several notable lakes located by the trail, including Surveln, Köperödssjön and Bjursjön. The trail also goes through two nature reserves: Bäveån Nedre and Bräcke-Kuröd (which is notable due to its glacial shell bank). Although the terrain is dominated by forests there is also small scale farm land and near the trail. Overall it was short but interesting walk and the cloudy autumn weather together with the somewhat wet ground created a nice atmosphere. What wasn't as interesting was being attacked by many deer flies in several places. Another thing that made the experience slightly worse was that I got my shoes wet (as usual) but this time I didn't need to change my socks. But at least I saw two squirrels in one place (although I only managed to photograph one of them)! Before I present the photos (which will surely give you a much better idea of the character of the walk) I will briefly mention the statistics for the walk.
The walk was in total 16.3km, out of which 1.6km at the was required to walk from Bovik to the Sälghugget bus stop. The trail itself is thus 14.7km but this number also includes walking to the shell bank museum and back, which added a distance of 2 times 1.1km to the 12.5km mentioned in the description of stage 13 between Glimmingen and Bovik. The total duration for the walk was 4h59mins. My average speed was thus 3.27km/h but it should be noted that I walked faster near the end as I was hoping to make it on time for a bus (which I did manage; I arrived at the bus stop 4 minutes before the bus arrived). It can also be mentioned that the travel time to Glimmingen was 2h7mins and the travel time back was 2h4mins (although the train from Uddevalla arrived 12 minutes late in Göteborg due to technical problems).
Anyways, the photos are presented below. Enjoy!


1.
Älje. Rotated the photo slightly and cropped it. Also darkened the sky slightly using the levels tool.

2.
Surveln (part of Bäveån Nedre nature reserve). Darkened the sky slightly using the levels tool. Also brightened the non-sky parts slightly using the curves tool.

3.
Surveln. Sharpened the photo slightly using unsharp mask.

4.
5.
Sharpened the photo slightly using unsharp mask.

6.
Stora Köperödssjön. Sharpened the non-sky parts slightly using unsharp mask. Brightened the non-sky parts slightly using the curves tool. Finally I used the levels tool to brighten the sky slightly.

7.
Lilla Köperödssjön. Rotated the photo slightly and cropped it. Darkened the sky slightly using the levels tool. Also sharpened the non-sky parts slightly using unsharp mask.

8.
9.
Stora Köperödssjön. Rotated the photo slightly and cropped it. I also brightened the sky slightly using the levels tool. Finally I brightened the non-sky parts slightly using the curves tool.

10.
Increased the contrast slightly using the brightness-contrast tool. Sharpened the photo slightly using unsharp mask.

11.
12.
Bräcke-Kuröd nature reserve. Increased the contrast slightly using the brightness-contrast tool.

13.
Bräckedammen (part of Bräcke-Kuröd nature reserve).

14.
Shells in shell bank (part of Bräcke-Kuröd nature reserve)

15.
Squirrel. Despeckled the photo and sharpened it slightly using unsharp mask.

16.
17.
Bjursjön. Rotated the photo slightly and cropped it. Also increased the contrast slightly for the non-sky parts using the brightness-contrast tool. Finally I sharpened the non-sky parts slightly using unsharp mask.

18.
19.
20.
Havskuren

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar