fredag 9 juni 2017

Gislavedsleden Walk #5: Gislaved-Arnåsholm (Friday 14/10-16)

After one week I decided to return to Gislavedsleden to finish the last remaining part, i.e. the part going from Gislaved to Arnåsholm. In the morning I first took the train to Hestra and then the bus to Gislaved. From Gislaved I first walked the 5km segment connecting to the rest of Gislavedsleden and then walked 22.5km further to reach Arnåsholm. In total the walk was 27.5km and took me 5h57min. Thus my average speed was 4.62km/h, which is pretty fast. I might have been walking a bit faster than usual because it was pretty cold and also because it wasn't a demanding walk in terms of the terrain and most of it went on gravel, tractor or asphalt roads. The big drawback of walking so fast is that I ended up waiting 2h52min for the bus in Arnåsholm. Thankfully there was a place to sit in Arnåsholm and I spent the time sitting and studying (in 6-9 degrees, needless to say it was quite cold). This was the last walk in 2016 as it started getting quite cold but more importantly the days were quite short already. I also felt satisfied with having finished Gislavedsleden and didn't want to start anything new. Last but not least I also got tired of encountering deer flies (I've mentioned these annoying creatures in previous blog posts).
Overall it might have been my least favorite of the Gislavedsleden walks (because of how much of it goes on gravel or tractor roads and because of the relatively uninteresting forests). However, there were still some interesting parts, including a few lakes and the village of Granö. I will let the photos tell the rest of the story. Enjoy!


1.
Brightened the non-sky parts slightly using the levels tool.

2.
Deer. Rotated and cropped the image. Also sharpened the photo using unsharp mask. Sorry for the bad quality.

3.
4.
5.
Våthultsån

6.
7.
Våthultsström. In Våthultsström there is a small hydro power plant which was built in 1918. Rotated and cropped the photo.

8.
Våthultsström. Equalized the histogram for the non-sky parts. Also rotated the photo slightly and cropped it.

9.
Majsjön. Increased the contrast for the photo. Then I brightened the non-sky parts using the levels tool. I also used unsharp mask to sharpen the image slightly. Finally I rotated the photo slightly and cropped it.

10.
Darkened the non-sky parts slightly using the levels tool.

11.
Majsjön. Rotated and cropped the photo. Also increased the brightness slightly for the non-sky parts using the levels tool.

12.
Brightened the non-sky parts slightly using the levels tool.

13.
Cropped the photo slightly.

14.
Rotated and cropped the photo. Also used the hue restorer plug-in to get rid of the cyan-ish sky color.

15.
16.
Majsjön. Rotated and cropped the photo. Also brightened the non-sky parts using the levels tool.

17.
Gällesjön can be seen in the background.

18.
The lake Assbrunnen can be seen in the background. Rotated and cropped the photo.

19.
The transition between the lakes Assbrunnen and Harasjön. Used the hue restorer plug-in to get rid of the cyan-ish sky color. Also rotated and cropped the photo. Finally I increased the contrast slightly for the non-sky parts.

20.
Granö can be seen in the background. Rotated the photo slightly and then cropped it.

21.
Harasjön. Rotated and cropped the photo.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar